Arduino Products Warranty
Arduino products intended for sale and use in worldwide markets comply with the applicable international requirements for product safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), essential safety & usage information, WEEE, RoHS, quality, and for use in hazardous locations. Products delivered into the European Economic Area (EEA) comply with the directives of the European Community (EC). Products delivered into North America comply with their respective directives. The products bears CE and/or FCC marks which is tested and certified by Arduino to comply with the EC and/or USA directives.
All components and solder alloys used in this product comply with the RoHS Directive. The RoHS Directive prevents all new electrical and electronic equipment placed on the market in the European Economic Area from containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, poly-brominated biphenyls (PBB) and poly-brominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE).
All boards are labelled with the FCC and CE logo, as they meet the electromagnetic compatibility standards set in their respective jurisdictions. Arduino products meet the essential requirements of EU Directive 2001/95/CE General directive on products safety and Directive 93/68/CE.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna;
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver;
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected;
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
The following parties are responsible for the compliance of radio frequency equipment with the applicable standards: in the case of equipment subject to authorization under the verification procedure, the manufacturer or, in the case of imported equipment, the importer. If subsequent to manufacture and importation, the radio frequency equipment is modified by any party not working under the authority of the responsible party, the party performing the modification becomes the new responsible party.
TESTING Products are subject to triple testing to make sure they are not faulty:
- First, printed circuit boards are thoroughly tested for short circuits and open connections.
- Then, boards are powered (and, in products containing a microcontroller, the bootloader is programmed) to check there are no macroscopic problems preventing the board from turning on.
- Finally, the most in-depth test: the board is placed into a custom bed of nails tester, and programmed by a test program, which checks its overall functionality. All boards are tested to meet USA and EU consumer safety, health and environmental requirements.
LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT
1.1 Arduino warrants that its products will conform to the Specifications. If the board is bought outside the EU this warranty lasts for one (1) year from the date of the sale. If the board is bought in the EU this warranty lasts for two (2) years from the date of the sale. Arduino shall not be liable for any defects that are caused by neglect, misuse or mistreatment by the Customer, including improper installation or testing, or for any products that have been altered or modified in any way by the Customer. Moreover, Arduino shall not be liable for any defects that result from the Customer’s design, specifications or instructions for such products. Testing and other quality control techniques are used to the extent Arduino deems necessary.
1.2 If any Arduino product fails to conform to the warranty set forth above, Arduino’s sole liability shall be to replace such products. Arduino’s liability shall be limited to products that are determined by Arduino not to conform to such warranty. If Arduino elects to replace such products, Arduino shall be given a reasonable time to provide replacements. Replaced products shall be warranted for a new full warranty period.
1.3 THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE END-USER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST ARDUINO WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW. AND SUBJECT TO SECTION (3). EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. ARDUINO DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
1.4 The Customer agrees that prior to using any systems that include Arduino products, the Customer will test such systems and the functionality of the products as used in such systems. Arduino may provide technical, applications or design advice, quality characterization, reliability data or other services. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that providing these services shall not expand or otherwise alter Arduino’s warranties, as set forth above, and that no additional obligations or liabilities shall arise from Arduino providing such services.
1.5 Arduino products are not authorized for use in safety-critical applications where a failure of the Arduino product would reasonably be expected to cause severe personal injury or death. Safety-critical applications include, without limitation, life support devices and systems, equipment or systems for the operation of nuclear facilities and weapons systems. Arduino products are neither designed nor intended for use in military or aerospace applications or environments, nor for automotive applications or the automotive environment. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that any such use of Arduino products is solely at the Customer’s risk, and that the Customer is solely responsible for compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in connection with such use.
1.6 The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer is solely responsible for compliance with all legal, regulatory and safety-related requirements concerning the products and any use of Arduino products in the Customer’s applications, notwith- standing any applications-related information or support that may be provided by Arduino.
2. Consequential Damages Waiver. In no event shall Arduino be liable to the Customer or any third parties for any special, collateral, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages in connection with or arising out of the products provided hereunder, regardless of whether Arduino has been advised of the possibility of such damages. This section will survive the termination of the warranty period.
3. Changes to Specifications. Arduino may make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time, without notice. The Customer must not rely on the absence or characteristics of any features or instructions marked “reserved” or “undefined”. Arduino reserves these for future definition and shall have no responsibility whatsoever for conflicts or incompatibilities arising from future changes to them. The product information on the Web Site or Materials is subject to change without notice. Do not finalize a design with this information.
4. Statutory laws. (i) some countries, regions, states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of remedies or of incidental, punitive, or consequential damages, or the applicable time periods, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. (ii) except to the extent lawfully permitted, this limited warranty does not exclude, restrict or modify statutory rights applicable to where the product is sold but, rather, is in addition to these rights. () European Consumer Centres provide information on EU-wide consumer laws as well as consumer laws for specific countries: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/contact_en.htm