Creative Technologies in the Classroom 101, or CTC 101, is Arduino’s one-of-a-kind STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) program for upper secondary education. Students are introduced to the foundations of programming, electronics, and mechanics through a series of playful, well-documented projects and easy-to-assemble experiments.
Tailored for high school students ages 13 to 17, CTC is the ideal professional development program for upper secondary school teachers and educators.
Inclusive Learning Activities
CTC’s learning activities were developed for the classroom, ensuring that no one is left behind. Both teachers and students alike can benefit from five themed modules, and more than 25 hands-on experiments with different degrees of complexity to accommodate various skill levels.
- Learn how to get started with Programming and Physical Computing,
- Adapt their lesson plans with more engaging and creative techniques,
- Take a hands-on approach to achieving defined learning objectives.
Students groups will:
- Get started with programming,
- Build fully-functional, interactive projects,
- Explore robotics,
- Learn about connectivity and wireless communication via Bluetooth,
- Enhance their problem-solving and teamwork skills in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Find in a CTC 101 Kit?
CTC 101 is a kit for the classroom, and it can accommodate up to 24 students.
It includes more than 700 components and parts:
- Six Arduino 101 Boards - a microcontroller with programmable inputs and outputs that allow users to create interactive electronics,
- Six Education Shields - a unit that is placed on top of an Arduino board to make connecting electronic components easier,
- A set of Sensors and actuators - includes light sensors, button inputs, knock sensors, potentiometers, touch/capacitive sensors, tilt sensors, infrared array, a joystick, LEDs, buzzers, a speaker, servo motors, and more.
- Component Modules - quick-connect modules that include necessary components onboard,
- Connectors and various components - other items needed to complete electronics assembly.
- Full access to the e-learning platform
An Online Environment for Your e-Learning Needs
We all agree that it’s never too late to learn a new set of skills. CTC 101 addresses teachers and instructors looking to take advantage of the latest technologies, and integrate them into their curriculum or company portfolio.
We have worked hard to give you access to a tailored e-learning platform that contains everything you need to know about programming, electronics, mechanics, and connected devices. This includes well-documented learning resources, videos, and simple to follow instructions.
About Training & Support
CTC Teacher Training is the most important part of the CTC program. Teachers can access 24/7 to learning materials, sample code, tutorials, forums. At the end of the course, teachers will earn a certification of accomplishment.
The Minimum Support for the self-administered training includes:
a total of 10 Support Webinars (scheduled on a rolling basis), support e-mail for your enquiries, forum monitored by Arduino experts.
Wish to know more about the Arduino Education program?
- Check the official page
Missing or broken parts?
Spare or misplaced parts can be requested via our dedicated Customer Support
CTC 101 may be subject to geographical availability, to check out if CTC 101 is available in your region go to: http://tinyurl.com/101availability