Boost production and building automation with your own Industry 4.0 control system
The IDE that allows you to program using IEC 61131-3 standard languages
The Arduino PLC IDE allows you to program Portenta Machine Control and Arduino Opta using the 5 programming languages defined by the IEC 61131-3 standard:
- Ladder Diagram
- Functional Block Diagram
- Structured Text
- Sequential Function Chart
- Instruction List
You can mix PLC programming with Arduino sketches within the integrated sketch editor, and seamlessly share variables between the two environments. Bring deterministic cyclic tasks and multitasking to your software application: leverage automation to define timings and repetition of all your mission-critical tasks. Manage CANOpen, Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP communication with the integrated no-code fieldbus configurators.
A highly configurable UI offers a comfortable unified programming environment, with the option to use a wide set of pre-installed libraries and function blocks or create custom libraries.
A complete set of monitoring and debugging tools provides a powerful workbench for professionals: get an instant view of all PLC operations while debugging thanks to the Live Debug Mode, and easily dive into code analysis with the PLC IDE Oscilloscope. You can even implement program changes with zero downtime and no machine reboot.
To program with IEC 61131-3, you will need to unlock the hardware with a lifetime license key, available on our Store.
Use any of the 5 most common languages for your new projects
Access ready-to-use sketches and extensive library – or customize your code from scratch
A user-friendly interface with all the debugging tools you need and quick porting solutions
Constantly monitor operations, debug and even update programs without stopping
- Enables PLC engineers to leverage IEC 61131-3 programming languages within the Arduino environment
- Easy and intuitive programming experience for deterministic cyclic tasks and multitasking
- No-code industrial fieldbus support (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, and CanOpen are integrated)
- Function blocks and libraries are available for a low-code approach
- Quickly port existing PLC applications to Arduino hardware
- Wide set of debugging tools: watch windows, breakpoints with step-by-step execution, triggers, Oscilloscope, Live Debug Mode